[Note Accounting Internships are also available]
Department: Audit and Assurance
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Auditor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Audit Internships at Tate & Tryon give audit interns an opportunity to assist with and perform the responsibilities of Staff Auditor, such as work paper preparation, drafting audit documents, and preparation of tax returns for audit clients. The Audit Intern will work closely with Staff Auditors to gain an understanding of the preparation needed for planning and performing audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Audit Intern
- Participate in pro bono engagements
- Summarize internal controls for governance, payroll, cash receipts, and cash disbursements
- Assist in prep and review of Federal 990 & 990-T tax returns
- File maintenance – gather, organize, box and report all out of date files
- Footing – scan for errors, recalculate and check Audited Financial Statements for accuracy
- Prepare the physical and digital binders necessary to perform the Audit
- Data entry, copying, filing and other office tasks as assigned
Required Qualifications of the Audit Intern
We look for accounting majors with a service mentality and a basic understanding of accounting debits and credits and an ability to work independently on assignments and address issues or questions with the engagement in-charge. We also look for strong time management, organizational abilities, attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in this position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract. Tate & Tryon is an at-will employer.