[Note Audit Internships are also available]
Department: Outsourced Accounting Services
Immediate Supervisor: Senior or Supervising Senior Accountant
FLSA Status: Exempt
An Accounting Internship at Tate & Tryon gives accounting interns opportunity to assist staff accountants in processing client accounting data while ensuring proper internal controls over client assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Accounting Intern
- Verify invoice amounts and expense account coding, and enter into billpay system.
- Enter credit card transactions. Update credit card reports.
- Record deposits and transfers into accounting platform.
- Update Cash Report for all active accounts.
- Enter contribution information.
- Investigate any transaction inquires that client might have.
- Send 1099-Misc form to qualifying vendors contracted by our clients.
- Assist other staff with special projects.
- File, copy, print, etc.
Required Qualifications of the Accounting Intern
We look for accounting majors with a service mentality and a basic understanding of accounting debits and credits and an ability to work independently on assignments and address issues or questions with the engagement in-charge. We also look for strong time management, organizational abilities, attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in this position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract. Tate & Tryon is an at-will employer.